While I was cleaning my makeup brushes last week, I noticed how dirty some of my other beauty tools were getting! So today I thought I would show you how to clean your hair straightener and curling iron.
It is super easy to get them lovely and clean again, and will only take a couple of minutes.
- Grab your bottle of rubbing alcohol (if you don’t have any, pick a bottle up next time you do your groceries. It is great to have at home!), a microfibre cloth and a few cotton buds.
- Pour some of the rubbing alcohol onto a corner of your cloth until it is damp (not dripping!) Wipe over your straightener, on the outside and on the plates. You may need to give the plates a bit of a rub, depending on how dirty they are.
- If you have build up on the edges of the plates, soak a cotton bud in rubbing alcohol and clean it off.
- Once you have got all the dirt and build up off, rinse your cloth in warm water and wring really well. Give your straightener a wipe over to remove any residue.
- Follow the same steps for your curling iron, crimper (people still have those, right?) or hot rollers.
Make sure your cloth is only damp when cleaning your hair tools, and of course, they shouldn’t be plugged in.
Now, go and make those hair styling tools sparkle!
Let’s talk retro hair styling tools.. Do you own a crimper? Do you still use it? I had one of these babies many moons ago! Did you have one too?