Organise

Purse Organisation

October 21, 2015

Let me just start by saying, I LOVE handbags! They are like some kind of strange security blanket, there is a 90% chance that anything I could possibly ever need is in there. And they are so darn cute!

HOWEVER… About 12 months ago I decided that I’d had enough of carrying a handbag around everywhere (mostly filled with useless junk 😂). I streamlined my ‘necessities’ and downgraded to a clutch. I broke up with my handbag.. and haven’t looked back! Let’s have a look inside shall we?

PurseOrganisation2

Firstly, I picked up this clutch from Colette after searching for the perfect size. I wanted it to be big enough to fit everything but not huge. I have seen some at Kmart as well since then which are really cute!

PurseOrganisation1

Inside I keep

• Phone
  • Keys
  • Coin Purse (plus a few hair pins)
  • Card Holder (I love this for keeping all my store cards, it is from Strandbags)
  • Notebook (Kikki K obviously 😂)
  • Pen
  • Lip Balm

I absolutely LOVE not having carry a handbag around with me! It means I can throw this into the nappy bag or Hazel’s back pack. Or when I am going out alone (haha 😂) if I ever go out alone again, I can just take my purse with me without having to carry a phone, wallet and keys.

Do you think this would work for you? Have you ever broken up with a handbag?

You Might Also Like

11 Comments

• Reply Tamara October 21, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Earlier this year when William was a few months old and I only need led a couple of nappies and wipes for him I brought a should bag from Kmart (mint) and it was my best friend. Grabbing it to go for a walk to the shops or to pick Ian up was wonderful but I’ve since moved back into a bigger shoulder bag as I need a few more things for the kids now.

• Reply foreverorganised October 22, 2015 at 12:34 pm

Oh I can’t wait for the day that I no longer have to cart a nappy bag around! I love the idea of a smaller shoulder bag 🙂

• Reply Kayla October 21, 2015 at 10:06 pm

I’ve wanted to break up with my handbag for AGES but I need to carry my Kikki k personal planner most days. I have a Kate hill laptop bag and it’s huge same to fit my matching wallet that is the same size as the planner. I need to downsize thought because it’s breaking my back with all the weight….

• Reply foreverorganised October 22, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Oh I totally get needing your planner. I have been using the small notebook to take notes throughout the day then put them into my planner when I get home. I spend lots of time in the car so I usually have my planner on the front seat if I need it 🙂

• Reply Nikky October 22, 2015 at 6:31 am

I did the same when my kids were younger! Best thing ever. Now that they’re a bit older I find I only need water and tissues for them and my handbag has made a comeback

• Reply foreverorganised October 22, 2015 at 12:36 pm

Oh I can’t wait for that day Nikky!

• Reply Lara October 28, 2015 at 11:34 am

Great Idea. I have 4 kids (2 school kids and2 littlies) however I think this would be great for me as I often just grab keys, phone, wallet for pick up and as you said put it in the nappy bag. Thanks

• Reply Lara October 28, 2015 at 11:37 am

Love this idea with kids 4 kids 2 at school and 2 littlies I think this would work great for me. especially school run. I just grab the basics and go

• Reply Mel October 28, 2015 at 12:53 pm

I’m currently trying to figure out what to do with this… I have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old, … they need snacks, hats, drinks, nappies for the little one,… and I take my hat and drink too… I’m sick of carting the huge nappy bag, but I can’t find a smaller bag that fits everything. Santa is bringing me a new wallet, (using the envelop system for somethings, so want a full wallet), but he’s yet to find the bag that will be practical for daily life and the occasional time that’s child free. Everyday is different for us, I hate swapping bags!

• Reply Hi jessica November 9, 2015 at 9:46 am

Love your wallets yes I did the same bought a black gold and silver to carry instead of a Hugh heavy handbag and I use one for makeup in my handbags . These are great!!! Love your blog !! All the best with your new baby! Sonia x

• Reply Rachel December 12, 2015 at 1:07 pm

Love this! I’m looking at doing something similiar, thanks for the inspiration! Was just wondering, where did you get the pretty key chain that’s on your clutch from (with the beads)? Thanks!