For today’s cleaning tip I thought I would share this super simple way to clean your microwave. It is so easy you can do it while having your morning cuppa!
1. Grab a microwave proof bowl and fill it about 2/3 way with water. Now find something yummy smelling! I use either lemon or vanilla essential oil, but you can also use fresh or bottles lemon or lime juice or even vanilla essence. Pop a splash into your bowl with the water.
2. Put the bowl into your microwave and turn on high heat for 5 minutes (this is when you make your cuppa 😉).
3. While it is in the microwave, grab a cloth and multi-purpose spray and give the front, top and sides a wipe over.
4. When it is done, remove the bowl and the microwave plate. Put the plate into your sink and pour the water over it (careful, it will be really hot!)
5. Wipe over the inside of your microwave with a cloth. Any residue will lift off really easily while it is still hot.
6. Wipe and dry the plate and put it back inside your microwave.
I give my microwave a wipe out once a week while cleaning my kitchen and do this deep clean every couple of weeks to keep it looking and smelling great.
Enjoy your lovely clean and fresh smelling microwave!