I try to keep my house relatively clean, however sometimes.. life just happens! Having a messy house makes me all kinds of crazy so I like to have a plan to get it back to normal as quickly as possible.
This is my 15 minute pick up list. I use it ALL the time! As part of my night routine, I do a pick up every day (usually twice a day), I use it before I have visitors arrive, and I use it whenever my head is getting a little crazy because of the mess.
This is what I do to get my home back under control:
- Dirty Clothes – I grab a washing basket from the laundry and run around our living areas picking up dirty clothes, then I put them in the laundry but keep the basket.
- Rubbish & Recycling – Sometimes I will use the basket, sometimes I will grab a plastic bag. I collect up all the rubbish from our living areas and toss it.
- Dirty Dishes and Glasses – I do a quick look and take any dirty dishes to the kitchen. If the dishwasher is empty, I will put them straight in, if not they go in the sink.
- Toys – I use my washing basket again to grab all the stray toys and take them back to either the toy room or bedrooms. The washing basket goes back in the laundry once it is empty.
- Fix Cushions & Throws – My girls love to throw all the cushions on the floor making it look super messy. I put them all back onto the lounge and fold the throws.
- Clear Flat Surfaces – The top of our kitchen counter is a dumping ground and it makes the whole room look so messy! I clear off the kitchen counters (put anything dirty into the sink, food away), kitchen table, coffee table and buffet. I give them all a quick wipe over once they are clear.
- Quick Sweep – I give the entry and kitchen a quick sweep and if I have time will run my handheld vacuum over the lounge room.
I can get all this done in about 15 minutes and it makes a world of difference. If I have a bit more time I will put all the dishes into the dishwasher and give the bathrooms a quick clean (I do bathrooms every morning so they usually aren’t too bad).
This quick 15 minute pick up is enough to have my living areas looking pretty clean, tidy and guest ready.
To help you keep your house tidy, I am giving this printable to all my lovely readers. All you need to do is comment on this post (make sure you keep the newsletter box checked) and your 15 minute pick up printable will be sent in my newsletter tomorrow.
I printed and laminated mine and also put a magnet on the back. When I am cleaning I will either put it on our launch pad cupboard or on the fridge. Having a visual list helps to keep me going and on track making the whole process really quick and easy.
Do you do a 15 minute pick up? Is there anything else you add to yours?