Kitchen Organise

Kids Plastics

April 23, 2013

As little H gets older the more plastic plates, bowls and containers we seem to accumulate. And they were a mess! The drawer we kept them in seemed to just get worse and worse until I couldn’t stand it anymore.

I think our biggest problem was that nothing had a ‘spot’. I would try to stack them up nice and orderly but it wouldn’t be long before they were all jumbled up again.

This seriously took me about 10 minutes and cost $8.00 for the containers.

First I pulled everything out and worked out what size containers I needed. I found these containers at a dollar store and they have made a world of difference.

I sorted everything into categories, donated a heap that we didn’t use, then popped them back into the draw.

I am happy to announce that it has been about 6 weeks and it has {mostly} stayed this way. Little H even knows where everything goes and helps to unstack her plastics from the dishwasher.

Quick, easy and cheap organisation always makes me SMILE and even more so when it looks this colourful and happy.

My next job is to tackle the big people plastics draw, UGH! I know it should be a quick fix but I just can’t decide what to do with it all.

Any Ideas? How do you organise your plastics, kids or otherwise? I am crossing my fingers that someone has a super amazing idea I can use.

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

• Reply Francesca McKay June 21, 2013 at 2:47 am

Hey Jess I was wondering if that draw was a standard draw or is it a custom made one? Our tupperware cupboard is over flowing too. Kitchen is going to take a while to fix. Am loving your blog it has given me a lot of motivation. 🙂

• Reply foreverorganised June 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Hi Francesca, Thanks for stopping by.
      The drawer was in the house when we moved in so I'm not sure if it is custom made.
      There are two of them under our oven. I can give you the dimensions if you like? They are 60cm wide, 30cm high and 55cm deep.
      Hope this helps 🙂

Jess

• Reply Kitchen Tour Video – Part 2 – A WordPress Site September 16, 2015 at 12:13 pm

[…] Kids Plastics Drawer Fridge Organisation Tea and Coffee Cupboard Pots and Pans Cupboard Kitchen Drawers I would love to know what you would like to see next, I can’t wait to get started on my next video. […]

• Reply Kitchen Tour Video – Part 1 – A WordPress Site September 16, 2015 at 12:14 pm

[…] Kids Plastics Drawer Fridge Organisation Tea and Coffee Cupboard Pots and Pans Cupboard Kitchen Drawers I will be back tomorrow with part 2 of my kitchen tour […]

• Reply insurens April 12, 2017 at 7:21 am

evolve around. To get a better idea of what a master mind group is, you can read this post by Erin MASTERMIND GROUPS . I am very excited about this, i know there are lots of resourceful beings here wanting to be

• Reply http://www.janganstop.com/ April 24, 2017 at 4:19 am

Var har jag hört den förr?Naturligtvis uttalar jag déjà vu med y… men det påminner mig om den amerikanske basebollspelare Yogi Berra som var berömd för sina r, varav en av de mera minnesvärda löd: "It's deja vu all over again"

• Reply madden 16 coin generator password May 9, 2017 at 2:07 am

I could watch Schindler’s List and still be happy after reading this.